Saturday, February 4, 2017

Pine Ride Treasures: Color Blog Hop!

A work in Progress~~~



I'm in a bit of a creative slump. Maybe it's the weather, maybe it's the fact that I was not able to participate in many craft shows last season. Maybe it's the general feeling of malaise many of us have felt since November 9th. 

I have been working on ideas for these beads, sent by Lisa Lodge as part of one of her challenges, the Color Blog Hop.



 Lisa's challenges work like this: You respond to her by purchasing one of a number of  packages of beads. I chose the "Red and White" selection. 

What I received, of course, was much more than that! The warm champagne colored beads and brass findings are perfect with the red and white theme.  

So here is what I have so far. I got slowed down by several things happening in my life, so nothing is actually complete....please forgive me!




So the top picture is obviously a necklace in progress, and the bottom picture is um, some mismatched dangles that I didn't finish because my pliers hand is still in recuperation mode (carpal tunnel release surgery, all good.) I actually thought they matched until I looked at the pictures. Oh well, they would have had to be re-done anyway. And that bit of wire with beads on it.... dunno, got nothing. Just playing with beads!

Let's see what the others have done!

Your hostess:  Lisa Lodge, A Grateful Artist
Kim Dworak, Cianci Blue
Beti Horvath, Stringing Fool Jewelry  <~~~~ You are here
Shaiha Williams, Shaiha’s Ramblings
Veralynne Malone, Designed by Vera
Gloria Allen, Gloria Allen Designs
Marde Lowe, FanciMar Designs

7 comments:

  1. I think that is so awesome that despite a "slump" and other difficulties you still made the effort to participate. Getting started is often the hardest step of the process and you have made a beautiful start. Keep going!!!💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Beti. I am proud of you for working on jewelry even though you were in a slump. I like the designs that you have started. They are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only did earrings this time due to my work schedule (I started a necklace). At least you did something and posted! I do like what you have started, looking forward to seeing them finished. Hope your hand feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impressed that you finished anything while recovering from hand surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great start. I love the warm colors! I have had hand surgery, so I know what it is like..sending prayers your way for continued healing and to get back into the swinging bead scene..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you have a great start, Beti! It is hard to get out of a slump, and you are well on your way with these pretty designs. Keep on going! Thanks for being in the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful selection of beads you got! I also love that heart pendant. I hope you are healed and back in the groove soon!

    ReplyDelete